Progressive Web App (PWA)
Progressive Web Apps (PWA’s) Are Here and They’re Changing Everything
So what exactly are PWA’s?
A PWA is a combination of mobile-friendly website and a mobile app. A PWA is responsive to almost all devices and it feels and functions like an app you’d get from the Google Play Store or the Apple. The key feature to a PWA is that despite it feeling exactly like an app, users do not have to spend time trying to find it, they do not have to download it and it doesn’t take precisious storage space. It makes use of modern browser features and allows users to upgrade easily.
Ok, so who is currently using PWA’s?
Twitter Lite, Google Maps, Tinder, Instagram, Uber, Trivago Hotel Booking, Starbucks Coffee, Forbes News, Washington Post News, Pinterest Social… just to mention a few.
In a lot of cases, progressive web apps aren’t “just as good” as traditional native apps; they’re better.
Does Your Business Need Progressive Web App?
Tell me the benefits of PWA’s!
Here are a hand full of reasons your business should consider having one developed:
1. No need to search for app in app store, no need to download, no need to install, no need to wait to open, who has time for these uncessary steps anyway? To access a progressive web app (PWA) the user simply has to go to the website, or scan a CR code and the app is already functional.
2. PWA’s Work for Everyone: The core principal of a PWA is that it works for everyone on any device regardless of it’s platform or operating system, any web browser, any desktop PC, laptop, mobile devices and tablets. This functionality comes from a single PWA.
3. Full User Experience: PWA’s combine the best of websites and native apps to reach a new level of usability.
4. Abudance of Available Features:
|One Click Contact or Calling||Blog / RSS Feed|
|Rewards / Loyalty Program||E-Mail Form|
|Online Ordering||Image Gallery|
|Scheduling||Membership / Groups|
|Push Notification / Message Board||Tip Calculator|
|Location & Directions||Voice Recorder|
|About US||Event Listings|
5. Cheaper to Develop & Less Expensive to Maintain:
Because PWA’s are so efficient they cost less to develop and less to maintain than a traditional native app. While a native app requires multiple versions for various devices in addition to multiple developers for iOS & Android it will cost on average between $20,000 and $80,000. On the other hand a PWA will cost between $4,000 and $10,000. The great news is our team on average charges between $2000 & $3000 for most PWA’s
6. Better Performance:
Because PWA’s are efficiently cached, they work for the end user a lot quicker. Research proves that the speed of websites and apps has a significant impact on user retention and sales. Using a PWA makes perfect sense for content providers and those who are selling products or services. PWA’s that need to keep their users happy to make money.
7. Not Just For Consumers:
PWA’s have their obvious benefits for the public, but they can also be used internally for business automation and communication. Businesses can not ensure which platforms their staff will use, making PWA’s multiple platform use ideal.
So…. What are you waiting for? Give Us A Call Today @ (917) 217-7373 For Your Personalized Quote!